Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baby Cardigan



I learned how to crochet back in the 2nd grade when "Grandma Alice" volunteered in our classroom as part of the Operation Love Program - a program through which senior citizens came into the classroom to teach the students a new skill. I'm so thankful for that program and I've continued to crochet throughout the years. However, I've pretty much limited myself to scarfs and afghans and basic stitches.

So I decided to venture out. I found a pattern for a baby cardigan and gave it a go. It definitely took a lot more effort than a scarf and what was supposed to be a 6-month sized cardigan is probably closer to a 2T cardigan, but all in all it's pretty cute. I had fun going to the Fashion District and picking out little buttons. Hopefully I'll be able to continue down the path of more challenging projects.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I keep meaning to tell you how cute this is! You did such a good job!