Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Test

On Sunday afternoons I like to catch up on people's blogs and see what interesting things have happened during the course of the week. Harrison had a link to another blog that I had to click on ...Do You Belong in NYC? Well, I took the test and must say that I failed miserably. I am definitely not an optimizer on most levels, I have never had the highest career ambition, and I would always choose to live a happy life as opposed to an interesting life.

I have thought about this notion of "where do I belong" recently as I spent a week at home preparing for my sister's wedding. It was a gorgeous wedding (she was a beautiful bride!) in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. It is funny how the first day back in the south feels strange, the second day a little less so, and then by the third day I am completely acclimated and ready to move back. I really miss being close to family and friends and nature. I miss the pace of life.

That being said, I'm so glad that Chris and I are currently living in Brooklyn. It has given me so many new perspectives on life and there are an abundance of opportunities that we would not have had otherwise. Also, I think it's great to live somewhere different and far away as newlyweds. It helps your marriage to grow even stronger.

No comments: