Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Swings with a View

Last weekend when Lauren was visiting, we went out to Governors Island. None of us had ever been out to GI and Chris's coworker had a group of people out for her birthday. We caught a free ferry from South Port over to the island and then rented bikes to ride around. It was a gorgeous day and it was so fun to ride a bike for the first time since...I don't even know when. I wish we had read up on some of the history beforehand... we ended up just making up stories. In case you're curious, it has a really interesting history that you can read about here. The majority of buildings from the military fort still remain and personally, I think it would be the ideal place for a university campus.

We rode our bikes around to the other side of the island to get a better view of the Statue of Liberty, when lo and behold, there was a playground with swings. So of course we had to stop and swing. Swinging, while looking at the Statue of Liberty to my left and Lower Manhattan to my right was probably one of the most ridiculously amazing experiences I've had in NYC thus far.
After we got over the amazingness of the swings, we (finally) took our first NYC picture with our Tiger Rag. Go Tigers!
It was so great to be able to spend time with Lauren again! I will miss our Duplin Carolina Red occassions. :)

No comments: