Monday, August 17, 2009

Two Weeks and Two Visitors

It has been a while since I have posted, but I have good excuses..these past two weeks have been a bit crazy around here! Chris wrapped up the gaming class that he took this summer, which resulted in this really addicting subway game. I had surgery to remove a tumor on my breast. And we had two wonderful guests on back-to-back weekends. Katie, a friend who I have known since elementary school, visited two weekends ago and Lauren, a college friend and roommate, came this past weekend. It was so much fun catching up with both girls...I miss them already! It was also a bit tricky playing host, because both had been to NYC several times and had seen all of the tourist attractions. However, we were able to find a few things to do that neither they nor Chris and I had done before. I might have to break these up into two posts....

Weekend 1:
Since I was a bit out of it on Friday, I was glad that a girl from Chris's program had invited us to come watch The Muppet Movie at one of the piers at Hudson River Park. Yes, it was supposed to be a kids movie...but really, who could pass that up? Then, Saturday, we went into Manhattan and took part in Summer Streets. For 4 hours on Saturday, Park Avenue and other streets were closed to automobile traffic from the Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park. We just walked, but you could also bike or rollerblade without worrying about cars...a relief in NYC.

Saturday night, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge for the first time! It was beautiful to see the skyline lit up at night.

Sunday, Katie and I went to MOMA. I have to say, I think MOMA is my favorite of all of the art museums in the City. I've been 3 times now and there's always something new and unique. this time, Katie and I took part in the art...

The exhibit is called "Measuring America" and plays off of the notion of measuring children on the doorway as they grow year by year. We were both at the bottom of average. Long story, but the lady tried to make us go to the back of the line and I was confused/stressed and forgot to smile! Anyway, it was a fun weekend and I enjoyed getting to spend time with Katie!

No comments: