Monday, January 10, 2011

21 Books in 2010!

I have never been much of a runner or a reader. So two of my goals for 2010 were to run a 5k and read 20 books. I honestly didn't think I would be able to do it, but I'm proud to say I slashied a half marathon and read...wait for it...21 books.

Rebekah had recommended Goodreads to me a couple of years ago and it really was life-changing. It helped me to organize my list of books to read, made it fun to look for new books, and enabled me to see what my friends had read and enjoyed. I highly recommend Goodreads to anybody that wants to read more and just needs that extra push. My books (top 5 bolded) for 2010 were:

1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, JK Rowling
2) Franny and Zooey, JD Salinger
3) The History of Love, Nicole Krauss
4) Why Do I Love These People?, Po Bronson
5) The Djinn in the Nightingales Eye, AS Byatt
6) The Man Who Was Thursday, GK Chesterton
7) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, Mary Ann Shaffer
8) The Help, Kathryn Stockett
9) Nine Stories, JD Salinger
10) Sarah's Key, Tatiana de Rosnay
11) The Reason for God, Timothy Keller
12) The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini
13) Brooklyn, Colm Toibin
14) Dandelion Wine, Ray Bradbury
15) Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin, Paula Deen
16) A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess
17) Whatever It Takes, Geoffrey Canada's Quest to Change Harlem and America, Paul Tough
18) Hunting and Gathering, Anna Gavalda
19) UnSweetined, Jodie Sweetin
20) Lucky Man: A Memoir, Michael J Fox
21) Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community, Robert Putnam


For 2011 I'm going to try to read 3 a month for a grand total of 36 for the year. Recommendations are welcome and appreciated!

No comments: