Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chopped Mediterranean Salad


There have been so many times when I have ordered a meal in a restaurant that was so delicious that I wished I could make it at home. My favorite restaurant dish is Carrabba's Chicken Bryan. Years ago I tried to replicate it, but the white wine/butter/basil sauce is just a bit too much to deal with on a regular basis. Every now in then though, we are able to easily replicate meals eaten in restaurants to a satisfying quality.

This is our version of a salad that Chris had for lunch last summer.

Chopped Mediterranean Salad
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
1 Tablespoon capers
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 can chickpeas
1 cup spinach, chopped

The measurements are rough estimates, so adjust according to preference. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and enjoy!

No comments: