Monday, January 10, 2011

Kiawah Marathon & Half Marathon


This summer, Eric and Keith decided that they were going to run the Kiawah half marathon and asked Chris to join. Having run a couple half marathons already, Chris decided to go for the full marathon. And somehow he convinced me to run the half.

So on December 11 Eric, Keith, Ross, Hager, Chris, Tara and I set out to run the half/full marathon. We were so fortunate to be able to stay at the Garrick's beautiful beach house. It is truly one of my favorite places.

Chris trained so hard, getting up to 19 miles but unfortunately hurt his leg. He tried to run the day of the marathon, but his leg just wasn't ready. I'm really proud of him for stopping and not hurting it even worse. He's hoping to get to try again soon. While I trained, I still had to slashy...you know run/walk...run a little bit, walk a little bit. Tara was so sweet and stopped to walk with me whenever I needed to. I can't believe I freaking slashied a half marathon! And most impressive was Hager, who ran the FULL marathon in under 4 hours, sprinting at the end to win a bet with his coworkers.

Needless to say that none of us could move for the next 24 hours. But it was so much fun. I kind of want to do it again next year...


Yes, Tara and I wore matching pink fleeces, because we're AWESOME!

Kitchen. of. my. dreams.

No comments: