Monday, January 10, 2011

Chick-Fil-A in NYC?

So, there is no Chick-fil-A in NYC. It's true. The closest Chick-fil-A is in Jersey. Sigh.

While there is a Chick-fil-A express in the NYU food court, Chris and I have refused to go there for the past two years. It's not a real Chick-fil-A...it's like the one we had at Clemson. They may sell nuggets and waffle fries, but you're not guaranteed polynesian sauce and you know they're not going to say "my pleasure."

Well, the two weeks before Christmas my coworkers had "bake off and beef up." Every day somebody brought in a baked good and we all gained 20 pounds. After a bit too much sugar, I decided my contribution needed to be salty...and then I broke down. I broke my rule and went to the fake Chick-fil-A to order a party platter for my coworkers, many of which had never tasted the deliciousness that is Chick-fil-A.



I stick to my original stance that it's not a real Chick-fil-A, but it did come very close. Polynesian sauce and all. Well done, NYU, well done.

No comments: