Sunday, January 9, 2011

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

The day before Thanksgiving, Chris and I went up to the 81st street to see the balloons being prepped for the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was insanely crowded, but we did get to see the balloons up close, which was pretty awesome.


Then on Thanksgiving we went out to watch the parade. Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be that into it. It was kinda chilly and I had never really made a tradition of watching the televised parade. I didn't think it was going to be that great. But I was wrong. It's amazing how contagious the excitement of a 5 year-old yelling "Here comes Snoopy! Here comes Snoopy!" is. I loved every minute of it. And really, there were so many people there that it wasn't cold at all.

My favorite part was seeing people that live on 7th avenue peak out of their windows, sit on the fire escape, or watch from their rooftop. What an experience that must have been.





Here comes Buzz! Here comes Buzz!




After the parade we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with our neighbors and 8 of their friends. I was so impressed that they were able to set a 12-person table (with their nice china!) in a 600 square foot apartment.

No comments: